Tuesday, September 18, 2012

great grandma's gravesite.

hey winegar clan!! James and I went and visited his sister, who lives in Hanford CA, this summer.  Hanford is only 30 minutes away from Fresno, where great grandma is buried and so we went and found her gravesite and took some pictures.  had I been judy or heather, I probably would have taken more! haha, but here are the few I took.

this is us trying to find the head stone.  the sprinklers were on and we were afraid we wouldn't be able to get to it without getting drenched.  luckily, it was a few rows just above the sprinkler sprinkle.


grandma's headstone, again if i had been anyone else in this family I would have been kind enough and smart enough to buy some flowers for her grave.  i thought about "borrowing" some from the cemetery, but didn't know if that was tackier then forgetting to bring my own.


 great grandpa's headstone



cheese, george doesn't really smile when we want him too.


this cemetery is really beautiful.  how lovely to be put to rest under some palm trees.  it was well kept and refreshing.  very peaceful.  grandma has a nice shaded corner.



I wish I had taken more so you guys could have gotten a better feel for Fresno and grandma's resting place.  fresno is a unique place in California, we were lucky we got to go and visit her.

1 comment:

  1. I remember driving to Fresno to bury her! It is a lovely cemetery! So glad you guys went and found it! Thanks for.taking pics and sharing! Makes me miss her so much more! :-)

    ReplyDelete